OCTOBER MOM OF THE MONTH - Erin Riley
Instructor Christina Maurer: "Erin is always such a joy to be around. You will see a smile on her face, even when she is sweating her butt off through a tough workout. She pushes herself and does it with grace and positivity. Well-deserved mama!"
1. Who are the members of your family?
- Husband- Brett Riley
- Son- JP Riley 3 years old
- Daughter- Brynn Riley 16 months old
2. What is or was your career?
I have been a teacher for 14 years and for the last 7 years of my career, I have enjoyed being an ASB Director @ Covina High School.
3. How long have you been a member of FIT4MOM of North Orange County and what has it done for you?
I have been a member for FIT4MOM for over one year. It has really helped my mental health and given me the strength to survive motherhood. I love the community of strong women who lift each other up and support one another through the good, bad and ugly!
4. What is something that has surprised you about motherhood?
Motherhood is a rollercoaster of emotions. One day I look at my kids and think, I cannot believe I made you, you are both so smart, beautiful, and funny! The next day I look at my kids and think, who said motherhood is wonderful, they lied!!??
5. Favorite app(s) or website(s)?
Marco Polo (app) I use this app to chat with my good friends, Stefanie & Crystal daily!
6. List three current obsessions.
7. What is your child's/children's favorite thing about you or favorite thing that you do?
Singing and dancing to Disney music with them. My son says, “mom, you’re funny” because apparently I am an awkward, silly dancer!
8. Any tips for other moms out there?
Find a tribe of women who can make you laugh and support you during challenging times!