OCTOBER MOM OF THE MONTH - Ally MacWilliams
Instructor, Elyce Amero: "Ally always shows up with a welcoming smile on her face. She’s FIERCE and pushes herself in class. She’s a joy to be around and brings an overall contagious energy to those around her. We just ADORE you Ally, and are so glad you and Jack are part of our village!"
This month we recognize ALLY MACWILLIAMS for her accomplishment and dedication to fitness, motherhood and life! Our Brea, Fullerton, Placentia and Yorba Linda FIT4MOM Team would like to say, "THANK YOU, ALLY," for being part of our Stroller Strides family!"
1. Who are the members of your family?
My husband Chris, my two year old Jack, and our two fur babes Sammy + Annie.
2. What is or was your career?
I have done graphic design since graduating college with several of those years focused on stationery designing wedding invitations and other similar projects. I have since moved on to freelance graphic design focusing on branding and marketing collateral. I go by Ally Mac Designs, and I am doing this part time right now as I'm trying to slowly ramp it back up! My website is www.allymacdesigns.com
3. How long have you been a member of FIT4MOM of North Orange County and what has it done for you?
I've been a member since June 2018, and it's by far the longest I've ever been a part of a fitness organization. It's because Fit4Mom is so much more than that! I love the intentional focus on fitness, but the laidback and fun social aspect of it. I have met so many awesome moms because of this organization and it has given me my sanity back, to have something to look forward to each morning!!!
4. What is something that has surprised you about motherhood?
This is so hard!!! Everything?! I guess, as cheesy as this sounds, I was surprised how much I love my little guy. As wild as he is, and as stressed as I can get, I have never known love like this!
5. Favorite app(s) or website(s)?
The Giphy app/website; you can spend way too much time finding really fun gifs to add to Instagram stories, texts, etc. and I am starting to make my own, which is fun!
6. List three current obsessions.
- Dallas Cowboys!!!,
- Decorating for Halloween,
- Starbucks salted cream cold foam cold brew - we talked about it the other day in class and I finally tried it - it is SO good!
7. What is your child's/children's favorite thing about you or favorite thing that you do?
Almost every morning when Jack wakes up we cuddle up on the couch and start the day with coffee for me, milk for him and watch cartoons. He always grabs the blanket and pulls it over both of us and we sit there for maybe 3 minutes haha but it's a time we share in the mornings before the day gets going!
8. Any tips for other moms out there?
Find a community! I am so grateful for this community of moms who just get it, and it's been the best thing ever for me.