MAY MOM OF THE MONTH - Valerie Valencia
Instructor, Jennifer Albeanu: "Valerie always comes to class ready to work with such a sincere, hard-working attitude. She is always so positive and brings that positive energy to every class. I’ve loved seeing her back with us in Body Back & I know she is making big strides in her physical, emotional and mental wellness!"
This month we recognize VALERIE VALENCIA for her accomplishment and dedication to fitness, motherhood and life! Our Brea, Fullerton, Placentia and Yorba Linda FIT4MOM Team would like to say, "THANK YOU, VALERIE," for being part of our Stroller Strides family!"
1. Who are the members of your family? The people in my family are my husband of 11 years, Ivan, and Iliana (5 yrs old).
2. What is or was your career? I have been an elementary school teacher for 13 years, currently serving as a Teacher on Special Assignment - PD at a school site in Anaheim.
3. How long have you been a member of FIT4MOM of North Orange County and what has it done for you? I have been a member since Ili was 2-ish, so about 3-4 years. Fit4Mom has made me feel normal. When I need advice, need to laugh, need a release, or need to vent, I can always get that from this group. Most importantly, there are so many mamas I look to and admire for all they have going on and are doing, they show up and they get that workout on. It shows me that I always can too.
4. What is something that has surprised you about motherhood? I think something that surprised me about motherhood is how worried I'd be. It is amazing to love someone so much that you'd do anything for them, but it's a struggle to know that every day and every minute are so different from one another. You're constantly thinking about the right choices/decisions you are making on behalf of or for someone else. You cherish every moment, stressing about each decision, and still long to remember every thing because you won't get to do that forever.
5. Favorite app(s) or website(s)? I love keeping in contact with friends and family through Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat. I also have a "side hustle" with Senegence, so I'm constantly on their website, Pinterest, and YouTube. Finally, I get my real news (and gossip) from TMZ.
6. List three current obsessions.
- Facebook Marketplace (spring cleaning)
- Researching excursions for Alaska
- Pinning recipes/workouts for a healthy lifestyle
7. What is your child's/children's favorite thing about you or favorite thing that you do? She loves "huggies and kissies" from me...all.the.time
8. Any tips for other moms out there? The biggest tips I can offer have to do with organization and memory. Calendar important event and plan meals. In our house, this is also an easy communication tool. Last, take pictures, scrapbook, journal, make books on Shutterfly, do whatever you can to capture these moments with your family in time. It's going by too fast.