Instructor, Michelle Kadera: "Kim has brought so much sunshine to not only Bastanchury Park but to every momma she meets. Being the playgroup captain fits Kim perfectly! Her heart of gold, humble and loving personality and positive vibe is so rare. Thank you, Kim, for your constant support to every mom you meet. I know I am thankful for your friendship and I look forward to many more years working out along side you! Thank you for being YOU! "
This month we recognize KIM IULA for her accomplishment and dedication to fitness, motherhood and life! Our Brea, Fullerton, Placentia and Yorba Linda FIT4MOM Team would like to say, "THANK YOU, KIM," for being part of our Stroller Strides family!"
1. Who are the members of your family? My family includes myself, my awesome husband, Rob, and our wonderful son, Connor.
2. What is or was your career? Prior to being a mom, I worked at an interior design firm that specializes in kitchens and bathrooms. Eventually I want to get back into interior design but in the meantime, I have a spray tan business, Mahalo Tan.
3. How long have you been a member of FIT4MOM of North Orange County and what has it done for you? I joined Fit4Mom 2 years ago this month in May of 2014. Connor was only 2 months old. When I think about what Fit4Mom has done for me, the better question would be, what hasn't Fit4Mom done for me? Fit4Mom has changed my life in so many positive ways. Not only has it helped me physically get back in shape after being pregnant, it helped me mentally, and socially as well! My favorite part of Stroller Strides is that it helps me get out of the house so Connor and I get some fresh air. I exercise and get my endorphins then finally mingle with other women who have become some of my best friends. It's so validating to hear others are going through or dealing with the same stuff I am. These mamas have the best advice!
4. What is something that has surprised you about motherhood? The turmoils I agonized about before becoming a parent turned out to be non-issues. Most of the worries I had melted away as soon as I held Connor. Things fell into place and I realized I was meant to be a mom. That was very surprising to me!!
5. Favorite website(s)? Jezebel. It's hilarious, totally biased, and not safe for kids. It's awesome.
6. List three current obsessions.
1. I really want a bike! I have been spending lots of time researching which kind to get for the best price. And a kid seat to go on it, of course.
2. Poshmark. I am a shopaholic so it helps me get a little return on my "investments!"
3. Fit4Mom. Honestly! If I go more than a few days without going to stroller strides, I get anxious!
7. What is your child's/children's favorite thing about you or favorite thing that you do? Swimming! Connor loves when we go swimming. He just laughs and splashes and has a great time. He recently got a Little Tykes red slide for his birthday. He promptly put it in the pool and now has a water slide. He's in heaven and I love watching him so happy.
8. Any tips for other moms out there? You got this! You are doing awesome. Do whatever works! Don't worry about what anyone else thinks. Trust your instinct.