Instructor, Shelley Hernandez: "From the first class Jenelle attended, I knew she was going to be an amazing part of our Village. Jenelle brings positive energy to every event and class. I always look forward to seeing Jenelle and her smiling face!"
This month we recognize JENELLE BADER for her accomplishment and dedication to fitness, motherhood and life! Our Brea, Fullerton, Placentia and Yorba Linda FIT4MOM Team would like to say, "THANK YOU, JENELLE," for being part of our Stroller Strides family!"
1. Who are the members of your family?
My husband, Jeff, our little girl, Raegan, and our dog, Quade.
2. What is or was your career?
I worked in the world of politics for a number of years. Initially, I started working for a Member of Congress out of college, then went to work for Southern California Edison as a Public Affairs Region Manger. After I delivered my baby girl, I decided to be a stay at home mommy and have loved every minute of it!
3. How long have you been a member of FIT4MOM of North Orange County and what has it done for you?
I believe I joined in late October, early November, (probably when I realized my pre-pregnancy pants still weren't fitting)! Ha! Stroller Strides has connected me with a mommy community, given me the assurance that this mom thing is actually pretty hard and exhausting, but also the most fulfilling. I've made some wonderful friends along the way and found my way back into fitness. Let's be honest, doing push ups on your own is pretty boring, but with a group of strong women, it's awesome!
4. What is something that has surprised you about motherhood?
How fast time goes by! It seems like only yesterday I delivered Raegan and boom, she's almost 9 months old!
5. Favorite website(s)?
So I'm weird and like the news (probably a habit from my political days), so I visit my daily newsfeed but also enjoy learning new things, so I visit National Geographic as well. But, let's be honest, I slip in plenty of Facebook and Etsy time too!
6. List three current obsessions.
1. Getting back into shape (and then pretending the chocolate I just ate doesn't count against my workout).
2. Traveling. My husband and I love to visit new places so any chance we get to go somewhere, we're game.
3. Getting our house remodel finished before Raegan goes away for college. Joking, but seriously, I don't recommend a remodel with a baby! There is light at the end of the tunnel though!
7. What is your child's/children's favorite thing about you or favorite thing that you do?
I'm pretty much a human jungle gym for Raegan right now. She's crawling, standing and loves to switch off between holding on to the coffee table and me while I sit on the floor watching her play.
8. Any tips for other moms out there?
You can do it! Anything you want to accomplish, it's all yours, as long as you're willing to put the time and effort into it.