MARCH MOM OF THE MONTH - Kristen Trudell
This month we recognize KRISTEN TRUDELL for her accomplishment and dedication to fitness, motherhood and life! Our Brea, Fullerton, Placentia and Yorba Linda FIT4MOM Team would like to say, "THANK YOU, KRISTEN," for being part of our Stroller Strides family!"
Instructor, Christina Maurer: "I have really enjoyed getting to know Kristen. Kristen has such a sweet personality and kind heart. Her strength and determination are admirable and contagious to those around her. Thanks for being so awesome mama! We love you Kristen! “
1. Who are the members of your family?
My amazing husband, Kyle, and our three awesome kiddos; Everett (8), Emma (6), and Wyatt (3)
2. What is or was your career?
I have been a teacher now for twelve years. Five years ago I left the traditional classroom setting and now have the amazing privilege of working alongside homeschooling families.
3. How long have you been a member of FIT4MOM of North Orange County and what has it done for you?
I became a member in 2013 and in 2014 I found Body Back. Body Back has changed my life. It not only helped me lose weight and get in shape, but it gave me new habits that I implemented in my every day life. The instructors and fellow moms I’ve met have built me up up when I’ve been at my lowest points. Body Back is a place of refuge for me...I will forever be grateful for Ang and the team of amazing instructors that work so hard to provide this program in our community.
4. What is something that has surprised you about motherhood?
It is hard!!! Lol! I mean it is by far the greatest gift I’ve ever been given and I LOVE it, but never in my wildest dreams did I ever expect it to provide me some of the most difficult moments in my life.
5. Favorite app(s) or website(s)?
I feel as though these are going to be pretty lame (ha!) but I use them all the time:
1. (App) Sign Now—can bring up any document right on your phone and fill it out with ease. Electronically sign docs, too. I’m always getting things sent from my kids’ school or for work electronically, so while sitting at dance or sports practice I can just fill out what is needed from my phone and send it back via email.
2. (App) Nike Run—getting back to running this Round of Body Back has been great. Nike Run is my go to app to clock my run times, listen to music, etc. I like it because it can give you all the bells and whistles or just flat out simple distance and time. Easy to use.
3. Target—app, website, store...no explanation needed. I don’t even know why I carry a wallet...just need my RedCard.
6. List three current obsessions.
1. Coffee—it has my heart
2. PJ Salvage Pajamas
3. Anything Buffalo Plaid
7. What is your child's/children's favorite thing about you or favorite thing that you do?
Lately, my kids have been thanking me for my cooking. I love to cook for my family and it’s brought me a great deal of joy that as they’ve gotten a little older they request a dish from me or say the bread I bake is their favorite. I feel like making wholesome home cooked meals is another way to share my love with them and I’m so happy they feel it.
8. Any tips for other moms out there?
Be forgiving of yourself. Take a moment now and then and look at yourself through the eyes of your kiddos, because to them (no matter what) you are the greatest mom in the entire world.