JANUARY MOM OF THE MONTH - Julia Barr
Instructor, Christina Maurer: "Julia is one of our Body Back mamas and she brings so much joy to us. Her smile, determination and ability to open up and be vulnerable are cherished. We love you girl, so well deserved!"
This month we recognize JULIA BARR for her accomplishment and dedication to fitness, motherhood and life! Our Brea, Fullerton, Placentia and Yorba Linda FIT4MOM Team would like to say, "THANK YOU, JULIA," for being part of our Stroller Strides family!"
1. Who are the members of your family?
My incredibly loving and helpful husband, Kevin, and two amazing kiddos, Jakson (10) & Kamryn (6).
2. What is or was your career?
I am a full time math teacher and part time photographer.
3. How long have you been a member of FIT4MOM of North Orange County and what has it done for you?
I started Stroller Strides when Jakson was a year old, so FIT4MOM has been part of my life in some capacity for almost a decade. It is the only workout that has stood the test of time. I am currently a Body Back junkie. I owe so much of my health and happiness to FIT4MOM.
4. What is something that has surprised you about motherhood?
The depth of love a mother has for her kids surprised me. It’s a love that I didn’t know existed. It’s an incredible feeling to have these humans who you love more than yourself, who you would truly do anything for. I can’t imagine living life and never experiencing this insane love.
5. Favorite app(s) or website(s)?
- Fave website: Clickin Moms, where you can learn all things photography.
- And fave app: Circle! It’s not free, but it allows me to manage all of my kids electronic devices. I can filter what they see, set time limits, and see their search histories. It’s a must have for our family.
6. List three current obsessions.
- L’Oréal Tan Towels
- Anthropology Kitchenware
7. What is your child's/children's favorite thing about you or favorite thing that you do?
My daughter’s favorite thing about me is that I snuggle. And my son just melted my heart when he told me there are so many good things about me it’s hard to pick one (thanks little dude, I needed that). Ultimately, he decided that his favorite thing about me is that I work so hard to provide a good life for our family.
8. Any tips for other moms out there?
Immerse yourself in their world. Even if this means watching them play Fortnite, making slime videos, or learning the lyrics to songs you don’t like. I have found that the more I do this, the more connected we are, and the more they are willing to listen to me.