DECEMBER MOM OF THE MONTH - Kimberlee Maltbie
Instructor, Stephanie Johnson: "Kim always has a smile on her face and is so loving with all the kiddos at Stroller Strides. She has such a warm and friendly personality, it makes it so easy to have a conversation with her; an instant friend to whoever she is next to. Her dedication to every class and every workout is a great motivator!"
This month we recognize KIMBERLEE MALTBIE for her accomplishment and dedication to fitness, motherhood and life! Our Brea, Fullerton, Placentia and Yorba Linda FIT4MOM Team would like to say, "THANK YOU, KIMBERLEE," for being part of our Stroller Strides family!"
1. Who are the members of your family?
My husband, Trevor, and our almost 7 month old son, Patrick. We also have three cats (Monster, Blue, and Squeedro).
2. What is or was your career?
I was a 5th grade teacher for 7 years before becoming a mom. Now, I am subbing and hoping to find a position in which I can job share!
3. How long have you been a member of FIT4MOM of North Orange County and what has it done for you?
I’ve been coming to Stroller Strides since late July of this year. It was the best thing I have done for myself. It has helped me with my postpartum, allowed me to get back into shape, and do something that made me feel like I am still the person I was before becoming a mom. Plus, spending my mornings with such an amazing group of strong women is something I look forward to every day.
4. What is something that has surprised you about motherhood?
I was most surprised by how emotional motherhood has made me. I cry more now, for every reason imaginable. I am brought to tears of joy listening to my son laugh. I cry putting him down to sleep because I don’t want to miss him. I had no idea my emotions would be this amplified.
5. Favorite app(s) or website(s)?
Pinterest, Calm, and Wordscapes
6. List three current obsessions.
- Homemade sourdough cookies, pretzels, and bread
- Going to holiday/craft fairs
- Vox’s Netflix “Explained” series especially “The Mind, explained”— It is fascinating!
7. What is your child's/children's favorite thing about you or favorite thing that you do?
Right now, I love tickling my son and making him laugh, giggle, and squirm.
8. Any tips for other moms out there?
Don’t forget to do things for you! You’re a human with needs, too. Taking care of yourself makes you a better mom, wife, and person!