DECEMBER MOM OF THE MONTH - Isabel Chavez
Instructor Jennifer Albeanu: "Isabel is someone you just instantly like. Not only is she sweet & caring, but she is easy to be around. I’ve loved having her be part of our Body Well village. She has really pulled herself out of her comfort zone and has dived right in—prior to Body Well, she told me she hadn’t worked out in a very, very LONG TIME! However, her hard work shows and her dedication to being in class each week is commendable! I love her can do attitude! So proud of all you’ve accomplished, mama! YOU are doing it!!"
1. Who are the members of your family?
My husband, Caesar and my 6 yr old twin girls, Sophie Grace and Abigail Faith.
2. What is or was your career?
After having my twin daughters, I decided to leave my high lux retail management position on Oahu. I became a stay at home mom after our move back home to Fullerton for a couple years before starting my current creative company, Love Letters And Ink, in 2017. It has been a blessing to pursue a creative career and partner with wonderful brands through watercolor and calligraphy.
3. How long have you been a member of FIT4MOM of North Orange County and what has it done for you?
I knew I needed to shed some Covid weight and more so I joined Body Well in the beginning of September. Besides seeing the difference on the measuring tape and being more aware of what/when I eat, I am grateful for the community it has brought.
Each trainer understands not every mom is on the same physical strength level or has the same agility as you. They are quick to modify each exercise for low to high level impact. You do what’s best for you. You are your own competition, not the mamas next to you. :)
4. What is something that has surprised you about motherhood?
Although motherhood is mostly beautiful, it can also be painfully isolating because I thought mother’s instinct was suppose to kick in ALL the time. No one really tells you what to do on those hard days with the kids or when mom guilt creeps in when you least expect it. Once I realized I needed a community to feel safe to share my own experiences, I joined a local MOPS group at my home church and soon made life long friendships with other mamas. I imagine the same can happen in Fit4Mom classes!
- 5. Favorite app(s) or website(s)?
- Instagram - It is my creative outlet so I follow mostly artists, women who uplift others, and home decor.
- Spotify - It all depends on the mood! I honestly listen to everything. :)
- Pinterest - I’m always looking for new recipes to try or color inspirations for a new watercolor collection.
- Netflix - The Office / The Crown / Somebody Feed Phil / The Chef Show
6. List three current obsessions.
- Baking bread - I know carbs, but didn’t everyone start baking because of Covid?
- Netflix - The Crown
- Researching and planning multiple family vacations on a Pinterest board :)
7. What is your child's/children's favorite thing about you or favorite thing that you do?
Pre-Covid, the girls and I loved to discover new places and often went on adventures during the week. I guess they love the spontaneity of it and we honestly made the best memories together. We have now made adjustments and spend more time at home baking, doing more arts and crafts, and being unplugged.
8. Any tips for other moms out there?
You can’t pour from an empty cup so my biggest tips for all moms is to always give yourself grace, have a supportive community, and don’t be embarrassed to ask for help. It takes a village to raise happy and healthy kiddos!