Instructor, Jennifer Maloof: "Jen has been a go-getter ever since she began her Stroller Strides journey. Jen has dedicated herself to SS, has made many new friendships along the way AND has gotten her Body Back...all while still being a working mom. She is a true inspiration to motherhood! I love the sunshine that Jen & Hannah bring to Our Village. Keep up your awesomeness, mama!"
This month we recognize JENNIFER AGUILAR for her accomplishment and dedication to fitness, motherhood and life! Our Brea, Fullerton, Placentia and Yorba Linda Fit4Mom Team would like to say, "THANK YOU, JENNIFER," for being part of our Stroller Strides family!
1. Who are the members of your family?
Joel, myself and Hannah
2. What is or was your career?
I currently work part time as a registered nurse in the neonatal intensive care unit at Kaiser.
3. How long have you been a member of Stroller Strides of North Orange County and what has it done for you?
I started Stroller Strides in January of 2014. I could write a book here but I’ll say the number one thing SS has done for me is it has helped me maintain my sanity and I’ve made friends who I know I will have forever. We say that SS is “Our Village” and it truly is. And seeing that even Hannah has made her own little friends now is just priceless.
4. What is something that has surprised you about motherhood?
I’d have to say how much I truly love being a mom. I, of course, knew I’d love it, but the love I feel for Hannah is more than I could have ever imagined. Her smile and laugh melt my heart. Oh, and how exciting it is when they do something new!
5. Favorite website(s)?
Google. I use it almost everyday.
6. List three current obsessions.
- Organizing my house
- Organizing my house (yes I said that twice, that’s how obsessed I am!)
- Staying healthy
7. What is your child's/children's favorite thing about you or favorite thing that you do?
Hannah loves when we dance, put on (pretend) makeup and blow-dry our hair. And lately she lays on my lap to rub her back.
8. Any tips for other moms out there?
As a first time mom get connected with other moms. Also, deep breathe. Remind yourself that whatever is going on, whatever you are feeling, another mom is likely going through or has gone through the same thing so talk about whatever it is. That’s what we’re here for.