APRIL MOM OF THE MONTH - Bonnie Conte
Instructor, Alyson Dunn: "Durning this last month of craziness, Bonnie has been such a gift to Our Village. She has been a constant support system for the moms, virtually checking in on their emotions, posting updates about the changing circumstances and offering her own time and energy to help anyone she can. All the while, juggling homeschool and everything else that has presented itself during this quarantine! We love you Bonnie! Thank you for all that you do!"
This month we recognize BONNIE CONTE for her accomplishment and dedication to fitness, motherhood and life! Our Brea, Fullerton, Placentia and Yorba Linda FIT4MOM Team would like to say, "THANK YOU, BONNIE," for being part of our Stroller Strides family!
1. Who are the members of your family? My husband Joseph, April 12th will be our 16th wedding anniversary. We have 2 boys, Ryan, who turns 11 this month, and Dylan, 2.5 years old.
2. What is or was your career? After being in the Fashion business most of my life I made the move to Real Estate 4 years ago. I love being a Realtor, I had always been fascinated with Real Estate and always knew I would end up as a Realtor. I love helping people through the entire process of buying and selling their home.
I also have a side hustle selling Zyia activewear! It was a great way for me to stay connected to fashion and it’s an at home direct sales company so it works perfectly with being a Realtor.
If you haven’t tried Zyia yet, you should, amazing quality and I offer a lil discount to all of my fellow Fit 4 moms.
3. How long have you been a member of FIT4MOM of North Orange County and what has it done for you? I finally joined this past September after following the insta since I was pregnant with Dylan 😆 I truly wish I joined sooner, it’s such an amazing group of moms and kids. My boys are 8 years apart in age, we always seem to be with my older sons friends and their families so this was a great way for me to meet moms with kids in Dylan’s age group and a way for Dylan to make some friends his age. I love the playgroups after class and the sense of community between the entire group.
Breakfast with Santa this past Christmas was one of my faves, especially when Santa’s chair kept sinking into the grass!!!
4. What is something that has surprised you about motherhood? I always knew I wanted to be a mom, it took us 5 years to have Ryan and then took another 7 years to get pregnant with Dylan, 9 rounds of IVF, so many prayers and tears along the journey. I could have never imagined the love that was possible in my heart for these boys.
5. Favorite app(s) or website(s)? Love my MLS touch app, it keeps me up to date on the Real Estate market. I’m on it daily checking out the area listings and sales.
Facebook and Instagram because I have family and friends all over the place, it’s a perfect way to keep up with everyone.
6. List three current obsessions.
- Since we are currently in the coronavirus twilight zone, I’m loving FaceTime so we can interact with family and friends who we can’t be out socializing with.
- My cozy Zyia Active Joggers to lounge around in while on lockdown
- Josh Prosecco 🍾
7. What is your child's/children's favorite thing about you or favorite thing that you do? I asked Ryan, my 10 year old, he said “I’m fun and I make dinner” lol 😂
8. Any tips for other moms out there? During this time of schools and everything being shut down just try to remember this is just a blip, enjoy the down time with your family, we are always rushing around with our crazy day to day schedules. As torturous as it can be being stuck at home, let’s enjoy the downtime while we have it.