Instructor, Oria Jacobs: "Krista is an inspiration to me the way she pushes herself during her workouts and always has a smile on her face while doing it! Additionally, while training her in Fit4Baby, I found out she played soccer growing up and would have never thought she started Stroller Strides after she found out she was pregnant with her second! Krista is one strong mama and a true athlete!"
This month we recognize KRISTA for her accomplishment and dedication to fitness, motherhood and life! Our Brea, Fullerton, Placentia and Yorba Linda Fit4Mom Team would like to say, "THANK YOU, KRISTA," for being part of our Stroller Strides family!
1. Who are the members of your family?
My husband Ray, daughter Reagan (2) and baby boy Fernandez due on July 4th.
2. What is or was your career?
I was a claims assistant for a workers' comp company. Ever since my daughter was born, I've been lucky to be a stay at home mom.
3. How long have you been a member of Stroller Strides of North Orange County and what has it done for you?
I joined Stroller Strides in January of this year and I wish I would have joined sooner!! It's great meeting other moms and I love that I look forward to heading to the park for a great workout without needing to find childcare. Joining Stroller Strides has made me look forward to starting to run again and getting in shape after this pregnancy.
4. What is something that has surprised you about motherhood?
Everything! It is incredibly harder than I thought it would be, but wouldn't change it for the world! I cherish all of her "first moments" and how she amazes me everyday.
5. Favorite website(s)?
6. List three current obsessions.
Home renovation projects, hockey, and finding time to quilt.
7. What is your child's/children's favorite thing about you or favorite thing that you do?
She loves playing outside on her playset and chasing bubbles with our dog.
8. Any tips for other moms out there?
Take one day at a time.