Instructor, Lauren Murty : "Kathleen always shows up to class ready to work out and push herself to the next level. Watching Kathleen push herself during her workouts to reach her personal best while simultaneously entertaining Zeke is truly inspirational! It's Kathleen's dedication to making strides in fitness and motherhood that encourages so many of our Stroller Strides' mamas! Thank you, Kathleen, for being an example of 'fitness for mom, fun for baby."
This month we recognize KATHLEEN PIERRO for her accomplishment and dedication to fitness, motherhood and life! Our Brea, Fullerton, Placentia and Yorba Linda Stroller Strides Team would like to say, "THANK YOU, KATHLEEN," for being part of our Stroller Strides family!
1. Who are the members of your family?
Myself, My husband Danny and our son Zeke (1)
2. What is or was your career? I am now a full time mama. For 10 years I worked for a non-profit organization called Camp Bravo and Bravo Student Travel that specialized in Performing Arts Education for middle school and High School students. I still do some work for them on the side every now and then.
3. How long have you been a member of Stroller Strides of North Orange County and what has it done for you? I have been a member for about 10 months. Stroller Strides has helped me lose the weight I gained in my pregnancy and helped my overall fitness. I have also really enjoyed making some new friends and getting helpful tips and insights on parenting from other moms.
4. What is something that has surprised you about motherhood? I was surprised at the things sleep deprivation did to me! hahah I had never operated on such little sleep before, I felt like there were days when I was pretty loopy. But hey, we all survived right?
5. Favorite website(s)? skinnytaste.com
6. List three current obsessions. I love Amazon, Etsy, and Wanelo (I might have an online shopping problem)
7. What is your child's/children's favorite thing about you or favorite thing that you do? Zeke loves music whether I am singing and dancing with him or we are playing music in the car, it puts him in a good mood.
8. Any tips for other moms out there? I guess my tip is just to do what works for you and your child, everyone is different and I think that applies to parenthood as well. :)