Instructor, Jessica Rosholm: "There is no way to do this amazing woman justice in a written paragraph, but I’m going to try. When I met Denise for the first time at Stroller Strides, I knew she was going to be something special. Denise has an incredibly kind heart and makes everyone feel comfortable in class. Denise not only participates in class regularly, she pushes herself to achieve her own personal fitness and health goals outside of class too. I never hear a complaint or an “I Can’t” out of her. I feel so lucky to have such a positive influence in my classes, and I cannot wait to see where this journey takes this amazing mom. Everyone who knows her at Stroller Strides is lucky to call her a friend. Without further ado, here is her take on motherhood, fitness and making it all work. We love you, Denise!"
This month we recognize DENISE ISSA for her accomplishment and dedication to fitness, motherhood and life! Our Brea, Fullerton, Placentia and Yorba Linda Fit4Mom Team would like to say, "THANK YOU, DENISE," for being part of our Stroller Strides family!
1. Who are the members of your family?
The members of my family are... Hubby - Adel, Kiddos - Ashley (2.5 yrs) and Aiden (1 yr)
2. What is or was your career?
Before kids I was a Training Manager. Worked in this capacity for a few different companies (Otis Spunkmeyer - Baked Goods and Cookies, Morgan Stanley and Fremont Investment and Loan.) I traveled nationwide managing on-site training facilitators/training initiatives. I flew somewhere almost every week! It was a crazy life. Now I spend my spare time sharing natural wellness solutions with doTERRA Essential OIls.
3. How long have you been a member of Stroller Strides of North Orange County and what has it done for you?
I have been a member of Stroller Strides since December 2012, so 2.5 years! Wow that went fast. Stroller Strides has done so much for me and my family. The health benefit is obvious, the ability to work out while my kids are watching is such a blessing. In addition... the friendships, love and experiences shared socially with this group has brought so much value to my mommy life. It truly is immeasurable what this group gives to me. Love our Village. :)
4. What is something that has surprised you about motherhood?
I think being a mom has really completed me as a person. Throughout life I have had my party college days, hard-working career days, my super wife days (where dinner was on the table regularly and the laundry situation under control). THOSE DAYS ARE OVER. New and even more amazing days are upon me. This is my best role yet and although I don't have it all together, I wouldn't have it any other way. My chaotic life is perfect.
5. Favorite website(s)?
Facebook... I am not much of a poster, but I love reading everyone else's posts! Amazon, Zulily and Blogger are close seconds. Each of these sites tend to keep me up late at night.
6. List three current obsessions.
1. Reality TV, I am such a junkie. Love unwinding to my mindless tv.
2. Tempo Urban Restaurant in Brea. OMG. Their Short Rib Chocolate Tacos are to die for. I could eat there like 4 times a week.
3. Sushi. I love food... but I'm on a diet... this is problematic.
7. What is your child's/children's favorite thing about you or favorite thing that you do?
My kids love it when I am silly with them. Singing off key, making faces and crazy dance parties are always a hit.
8. Any tips for other moms out there?
1. You got this! Some days are hard. Heck, some nights are even harder! Channel your inner supermom whenever you need her. She's in there. 2. One of my favorite quotes is "The days are long but the years are short". It's so true... soak it up mamas.