Instructor, Jessica Merrell: "Jennifer always comes to workout with a smile. She is especially welcoming to all the new moms and and always does her best. We are so lucky to have Jennifer and her family be apart of our wonderful group."
This month we recognize JENNIFER PRASAD for her accomplishment and dedication to fitness, motherhood and life! Our Brea, Fullerton, Placentia and Yorba Linda Stroller Strides Team would like to say, "THANK YOU, JENNIFER," for being part of our Stroller Strides family!
1. Who are the members of your family?
My husband, Justin, and my children, Julianna (3) and James (1) . . . We’re a “J” Family =)
2. What is or was your career?
I was a school teacher for 7 years but have taken off a few years to be a Stay at Home Mom.
3. How long have you been a member of Stroller Strides of North Orange County and what has it done for you?
2 years. Joining Stroller Strides was the best thing I’ve done as a Stay at Home Mom. It first motivated me to simply “get out of the house.” Then, it broadened my entire perception on motherhood by providing me with a network of AMAZING moms, many of which I’ve already established great friendships with. Plus, my kids love it since they get to play and make friends too!
4. What is something that has surprised you about motherhood?
It’s been amazing to see how different and unique my two kids are. They surprise me everyday with how their personalities develop. They truly are “little people” walking around my house, learning new things, developing likes and dislikes, and engaging in their own favorite activities. Watching them grow and develop into their own and doing things I would expect or wouldn’t expect, that’s what surprises me the most.
5. Favorite website(s)?
Shutterfly, Pinterest, Facebook
6. List three current obsessions.
(1) Making photo books and other photo projects, (2) Planning activities for my family, (3) Organizing/re-decorating the house (New Year’s Resolution)
7. What is your child's/children's favorite thing about you or favorite thing that you do?
My kids love it when we spend quality time together and we’re silly, play games, sing songs, take walks, dance, read books or just talk to each other about everything or anything.
8. Any tips for other moms out there?
Always do what works best for you and your family. It’s helpful to get tips and ideas from others but ultimately you’ll work things out in a way that brings out the best in your family.