January Mom of the Month - ALICE AKIYAMA
Instructor, Oria Jacobs: "From the first time I met Alice, to even now, she has such a warm, inviting presence about her. She is such a dedicated mom who comes to work out and give it her all! Thank you, Alice, for being a part of our Stroller Strides Family!'"
This month we recognize ALICE AKIYAMA for her accomplishment and dedication to fitness, motherhood and life! Our Brea, Fullerton, Placentia and Yorba Linda Fit4Mom Team would like to say, "THANK YOU, ALICE," for being part of our Stroller Strides family!
1. Who are the members of your family?
My husband Thomas, our daughter Mia (17mos) and our mini schnauzer fur baby Sophie.
2. What is or was your career?
Before I became a SAHM, I worked for Union Bank for 11 years. My most recent position was Sr. Executive Assistant supporting the Vice Chairman.
3. How long have you been a member of Stroller Strides of North Orange County and what has it done for you?
I became a member of Stroller Strides in February of 2014. I get to work out with a positive group of moms plus Mia and I have both made good friends with good people. It's been awesome.
4. What is something that has surprised you about motherhood?
How I used to say "I would never let my baby (fill in the blank)" and...how a lot of that went out the door! :)
5. Favorite websites?
Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Amazon
6. List three current obsessions.
Pumpkin latte from Coffee Bean, making pumpkin cookies/muffins/anything, and searching for healthy toddler recipes.
7. What is your child's/children's favorite thing about you or favorite thing that you do?
Mia loves it when I sing (or try to sing) songs from Frozen.
8. Any tips for other moms out there?
- For current Stroller Strides mamas: Join Body Back!
- For non Stroller Strides mamas: Join Stroller Strides! :)