Instructor, Angela Bridgford: "Shelly is such a delight to have in class. She is a wonderful mother, so patient and loving with Timothy. Her sweet demeanor and friendly spirit is simply amazing. We love her dearly, and are excited for you all to read about her and the Clark family. Congrats, Shelly! "
This month we recognize SHELLY CLARK for her accomplishment and dedication to fitness, motherhood and life! Our Brea, Fullerton, Placentia and Yorba Linda FIT4MOM Team would like to say, "THANK YOU, SHELLY," for being part of our Stroller Strides family!
1. Who are the members of your family? Josh, my husband, and of course Timothy our precious little boy.
2. What is or was your career? Real estate assistant in a property management company
3. How long have you been a member of Stroller Strides of North Orange County and what has it done for you? 1 year now. It has certainly given me good workouts, also a chance to know some amazing mothers, and to get great advice. The other moms share their excitement as mothers, their frustrations, and how they deal with motherhood difficulties that occurred each stage as our babies grow. It has been wonderful to have that community and friendships building. The instructors are also amazing mothers and very supportive and encouraging. I must thank you all for being so caring and helpful!
4. What is something that has surprised you about motherhood? Surprising, and yet not a big surprise at all.....motherhood / parenthood has given me a glimpse of how much God loves all of us, His children. Such a great unconditional love!
5. Favorite website(s)? Allrecipes.com, Food Network (hoping to be a better cook), also the Weather Channel site and real estate sites.
6. List three current obsessions. With the New Year here, and another precious baby on the way....I seem to be obsessing with cleaning, uncluttering, and attempting to get things all tidy and organized in our house. Home projects you could say.
7. What is your child's/children's favorite thing about you or favorite thing that you do? Timothy loves it when we play peek-a-boo. We can do it anywhere anytime and it makes him laugh. He likes looking at books together too and trips to play at the park together.
8. Any tips for other moms out there? When your child acts stubborn and you find yourself very frustrated, remind yourself to take a deep breath and accept your lesson in being patient. It will strengthen you for the next time. Also learn to laugh off the little things and not sweat it. It will somehow help frustrating times become more of special funny memories in the long run.