August Mom of the Month - KATIE MONROE
Instructor, Shelley Hernandez: "Katie arrives at every class with a smile on her face and ready to push her body to it's full potential. Her kindness and patience towards her girls is inspiring. It is always physically motivating to have Katie in class!"
This month we recognize KATIE for her accomplishment and dedication to fitness, motherhood and life! Our Brea, Fullerton, Placentia and Yorba Linda Fit4Mom Team would like to say, "THANK YOU, KATIE," for being part of our Stroller Strides family!
1. Who are the members of our family? My husband Brandon, and our daughters Mya (almost 5 yrs) and Bryce (3 months)
2. What is your career? I am the Domestic Program Manager for Nightlight Christian Adoptions - I assist families and expectant parents that are considering an adoption.
3. How long have you been a member of Stroller Strides North Orange County and what has it done for you? I have been a member since August 2012. I wish that I had found Stroller Strides sooner because it has been a life saver for me. Before having my girls I loved to work out and run but it was so hard to do that while working and being a new mom. Finding SS changed that for me because I can be active and have my girls with me. I am so grateful for the night classes and the few morning classes I can attend to help me stay active. But more than the physical exercise I get to do, I am thankful for the conversations with other moms that helps me normalize all the different things I'm going through as a parent. I love the community that SS has created for me and my family.
4. What is something that has surprised you about motherhood? That I can function with only a few hours of sleep. Before having kids I worried about the sleep aspect but now I know I can do a lot with only a little bit of sleep.
5. Favorite website(s)? I Heart Organizing, Young House Love, Pinterest & Etsy
6. List three current obsessions. 1. Selling things through Facebook groups, Instagram, and CAbi clothes
7. What is your child's/children's favorite thing about you or favorite thing that you do? Not to be cheesy, but probably going to Stroller Strides. Mya hates missing a class because she loves to ride her scooter and play with her friends and Bryce loves being in the stroller and watching me dance and sing to her.
8. Any tips for other moms out there? Pick your battles. This is a tough one for me to do, but when I stop and think before always reacting, our days together are less stressful. I have realized that some things are just not worth creating a control battle over.